Dear Blog,
today is like the longest freaking day of my life. I woke up 25 minutes late for work and freaked out and quickly got dressed, threw my hair in a pony and headed out the door. Needless to say it wasn't the best start of my day. So I get to work and everyone is like, "welcome to work Emily"... ya I might get written up for being late, not quite sure yet. Sometimes I think that I will forever be tired. It seems that no matter how many hours I sleep it is still hard to get up. I've had a lot on my mind lately. Trying to decide what to do with my life. My mind has been heavy with trying to figure out how I will be able to go to school, work, plan a wedding, and breath. I am struggling just to survive right now and I wasn't sure how I could add more to my plate. So I talked to Aaron and we discussed our options. We decided it would be a good idea for me to defer a semester and work full time. You see I have enough money to pay for housing or to pay for tuition but not for both. And there is no way I could add paying for a wedding on top of that. My stress level was at the roof. We both agreed that would be really good for me to take a semester off and just work and be able to focus on wedding details. Along with wedding details we have to figure out where we will live after we get married, and many other things. I also need to step back and think about a realistic degree plan because while I would love to become an Occupational Therapist, and I would love to travel the world, neither of those dreams are realistic if I want to be a mother. I can not wait to 6 years to have kids and I can't handle going to school full time with children, they would have to go to daycare and that is something I wouldn't ever want to do unless it was a last resort. So I am taking a semester off, to breath and take in the changes in my life, I am going to work 8-4 Monday through Friday, and work on the wedding and helping Aaron study for his classes so he can get straight A's. I can't tell you how much my stress level has gone down at just the thought of taking a semester off. I know none of you think this is a good idea, but Aaron and I agree that it would be the best thing for me to do at this point. As for my job I am starting to really like what I do... except for days like today but hey my day is almost over with.
Chow!
3 weeks ago





No comments:
Post a Comment